Getting Started with Affinity Financial
The First Step
Let’s Get to Know Each Other
Welcome! If you’ve found yourself here, then you are likely thinking about working with a financial advisor.
This may be for the first time, or the exploration for a new professional relationship. At Affinity Financial, our process starts with making a Connection, a personal investment in getting to know YOU.Many financial advisors you meet with are typically going to start the conversation around your financial assets—what you have and where it’s invested. Your accounts and your amounts. These details are necessary, but not sufficient.
Our approach is different. Our initial focus is on who you are. Your story, your history and experience with financial issues, your present situation and future considerations. Money, after all, is only a tool, but if it is used wisely, can help us improve lives.
Our primary aim is on helping client households live the best life possible with the money and resources they have. That focus includes helping make smart choices that work for unique circumstances.
This is not just limited to investment decisions, but every financial decision. Our focus after that is helping assets grow while mitigating risks with prudent planning.
Below is a summary of the three-step process for this Get to Know Each Other experience. Each step is an opportunity to determine if there is potential for working together. No stress. No pressure. Just an opportunity for Connection in the journey for financial wellbeing.
Introductory “Virtual Handshake” Call
- Discover what is top-of-mind for you
- Determine if we would like to continue with the conversation with a complimentary, no-risk, first meeting
- Complete the Life Transitions Surveys
- Gather and upload Your Financial Lifestyle Planning Documents
- Schedule Your Financial Lifestyle Connection Meeting
Your financial lifestyle connection meeting
- “A Number of Stories” – Discuss your personal story, your history and experience with financial issues, your present situation, and future considerations
- “A Story of Numbers” – Showcase a snapshot of financial goals and details provided thus far
- Learn more about each other and work toward determining if there is a potential for a mutual fit
Your financial lifestyle insights meeting
- Review and discuss What Matters / Your Affinities / What You Can Control
- Provide net worth statement and other supporting documents
- Present considerations for relevant financial action items
- Answer any lingering questions
- Review how & why households decide to work with Affinity Financial
- Determine if we would like to work together, or if more time is needed to make a decision (zero pressure)