Financial Services for Every Stage of Life
We aim to give back time, offer our experience, and relieve the stress that comes with financial decisions—ultimately allowing that energy to go back to the clients most significant parts of their own life.
Your Questions Answered
Our founder and lead wealth manager, Derek Pantele, holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation (CFP®) and CHARTERED FINANCIAL ANALYST (CFA®) charter holder.
• CFP® professionals take a holistic, personalized approach to bring all the pieces of your financial life together. As part of the CFP® certification, CFP® professionals also have made a commitment to CFP Board to act as a fiduciary when providing financial advice to a client.
• CFA® CHARTERHOLDERS find actionable solutions to complex problems, unlocking investment opportunities that other advisers might not see. CFA® CHARTERHOLDERS wields an extensive body of knowledge on investing and global financial markets. CFA® CHARTERHOLDERS place clients’ interests above their own, dedicating themselves to achieving the best outcomes for investors.
- Not every financial professional is a fiduciary, meaning they are legally required to put your best interests first. A CFP® professional legally has to put your interests first when providing your financial planning advice.
- Have you checked what type of education your financial professional has? A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional has a college degree, a minimum of 3 years of financial planning experience, and has taken an extensive exam requiring years of preparation.
- A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional has spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours making sure they are the best professionals they can be. Why would you work with anyone else?
- With financial information being so readily available, wouldn’t it be nice to work with someone who knows the good advice from the bad? A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional has spent time analyzing this data to determine what might be best for you.
- When you’re searching for a financial planner or advisor, knowing that they have a professional designation specifically relating to the area you’re asking for guidance on can bring a sense of confidence in their abilities.
- The CFP® designation is viewed by the financial planning profession as the best designation to hold. It’s in your best interest to work with the best financial professional you can find.
- Working with an insurance salesman will have you leaving their office with an insurance product. Working with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional will have you leaving their office with a customized plan for your situation.
- The CFP Board, which awards the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, has the power to revoke the designation from a planner. They field consumer complaints on their members to ensure they are still worthy of using the designation. When your advisor says they are the best fit for you, is it just their word or a national board backing them up on that claim?
- The financial world is continually changing. A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional has to continually take classes to keep up with these changes and keep their designation. Having a professional with a continually updated body of knowledge is essential to keep your finances up-to-date.
- A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional is not just trained to provide impartial advice on investments, but also on income taxation, retirement planning, employee benefits, estate planning, insurance, debt management, and everyday finances. No question is too big or small.
Yes, Affinity Financial is a fiduciary. It is our belief that people deserve a fiduciary standard at all times.
The fiduciary standard requires that an advisor put a client’s interest first; however, not every financial professional is a fiduciary. Learn more about our team.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) enforces this standard for Registered Investment Advisors, within which Affinity Financial operates. Additionally, A CFP® professional legally has to put your interests first when providing your financial planning advice. We adhere to these standards because it is the right thing to do.
Each potential professional relationship starts with a quick phone call introduction and a complimentary Initial Financial Lifestyle Discovery Meeting. This is an opportunity simply to learn more about each other. It is our belief that we don’t have the right to make financial recommendations until we take the time to really understand your total financial picture and personal vision.
Book Your Free 15 Minute Call Today!
Our Investment Philosophy focuses on creating portfolios that are globally diversified across asset classes (e.g., stocks, bonds, cash) and business sectors. This strategic and disciplined approach allows us to maintain a core set of assets that balance the need for long term appreciation and durability. We integrate forward-looking short- and intermediate-term adjustments that aim to further enhance prospects for growth and income. We then apply this knowledge base and discipline to co-determine investment objectives that are tailored to align with your personal financial aspirations and timeline.
We serve clients all across the United States, from coast-to-coast, in all time zones.
From day one, we have been committed to a digital infrastructure that facilitates meaningful conversations and ongoing communication through any combination of in-person meetings and web conferencing options. By leveraging technology, we make client interaction more efficient, enjoyable, and productive.
With an integrated platform of best-in-class financial technology solutions, Affinity Financial is a wealth advisory practice for the 21st century.
Our headquarters is located in Orange County, CA (near Anaheim & Los Angeles).
We work with clients that are looking for a true partnership with a financial professional committed to monitoring and improving total financial health and quality of life. These clients are serious about making smart decisions with their money, committed to implementing a written financial strategy, and understand the value of long-term, meaningful relationships.
Learn more about how affinity financial serves you at every stage of life.
Affinity Financial is a Fee-Only advisory firm.
Fee-Only planners are compensated directly by their clients for advice, plan implementation, and for the ongoing management of assets, rather than for selling financial products. Most clients pay for services directly out of the investment assets managed by Affinity Financial.
Learn more about our Services.